What is 3CX Phone System for Windows?
3CX Phone System is a software based PBX for Windows that works with SIP standard based IP Phones, SIP Trunks and VoIP Gateways to provide a
complete PBX solution – without the inflated cost and management headaches of an ‘old style’ PBX. The IP PBX supports all traditional PBX features
but also includes many new mobility and productivity features. An IP PBX is also referred to as a VoIP Phone System or SIP Server. Calls are
sent as data packets over the computer data network instead of the traditional phone network. Phones share the network with computers so no
separate phone wiring is required. With the use of a VoIP/PSTN gateway, you can connect existing phone lines to the IP PBX to make and receive
phone calls via a regular PSTN line. You can also use a VoIP Provider, which removes the requirement for a gateway. 3CX Phone System interoperates
with standard SIP softphones, IP phones or smartphones, and provides internal call switching, as well as inbound and outbound calling via the
standard phone network or via a VoIP service.
Affordable, Easy to Install and Manage
3CX pricing is based on simultaneous calls and not on the number of extensions, making
the cost of purchasing and expanding the PBX very affordable. It includes a web-based
management console and also runs on mainstream OS making installation and
management ever so easy. Setup takes minutes and 3CX will run on an existing server
(not necessarily dedicated).
- Plug and Play with IP Phones, Gateways & SIP Trunks
- No per extension licensing
- Virtualize or Install on Existing Server
Use Your Extension From Anywhere
With the 3CX VoIP clients for Android and iOS you can take your extension wherever you go. 3CX
delivers the one number concept meaning that you no longer have to give out your mobile number.
Set your status so your colleagues can see whether or not you are available to take a call.
- Make and receive calls from your smartphone – at no cost
- Set your status to available, away and out of office from your smartphone
- One number concept
- See the presence of your colleagues from anywhere
Plug and Play With IP Phones, Gateways & SIP Trunks
Plug-in an IP Phone or Gateway to your network and 3CX will automatically configure them,
saving you countless hours of configuration time and removing the learning curve. Connect a
SIP trunk within minutes with pre-configured templates for most popular SIP trunk providers,
including end to end support from 3CX.
Configuration templates for supported IP Phones, SIP Trunks, Gateways
No need to figure out complex IP Phone / Gateway or SIP Trunk settings
Guaranteed interop and support from 3CX for end to end solution
Inbuilt template for easy configuration of VoIP Providers / SIP Trunks
See Presence of Colleagues
The ability to view the status of other colleagues (“Presence”) is a great time saver avoiding
unnecessary call transfers or voice mail tags and makes managing and working with remote
employees easier than ever. Need some quiet time to finish a project?
Customize your status and prevent any annoying disturbances.
- Eliminate expensive voice mail tags
- Avoid unnecessary call transfers that irritate customers
- Visible from all 3CX clients: Mac, Windows, iOS & Android
Instant Messaging / Text chat
Allow employees to communicate together via text chat, without the need to rely on third party
internet messaging systems. 3CX users can send and receive text messages via the 3CX Windows,
Mac, iPhone and Android clients from anywhere.
- No need for third party messaging systems
- Send text messages, links and more at no additional cost
- Available on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
Manage your Calls with the 3CX Switchboard
3CX includes a powerful switchboard function that can
be tailored to the way you want to view and manage your phonecalls.
With 5 different views to choose from it can cater to any job role.
- Drag and drop calls for quick transfer
- Ideal for Call Centers – includes Wallboard and Q-Manager view
- View the presence of colleagues easily
- Receptionist view allows easy management of incoming calls
Acclaimed Android and iOS VoIP Clients
3CX features native Android and iOS VoIP clients that are continuously updated and tested and
set the standard for mobile phone VoIP clients. With an inbuilt tunnel to avoid remote firewall
issues, calling from over 3G or from any Wifi hotspot is extremely reliable. 3CX Android and iOS
clients fully support PUSH, allowing the phone to be on standby and save battery life.
- Most advanced and reliable Android & iOS VoIP clients on the market
- No additional licensing costs for softphones
- “PUSH” notifications save mobile battery life
- Inbuilt SIP tunnel/proxy resolves any remote firewall issues.
Use Softphone to Make and Receive Calls
With 3CX’s softphones for Mac and Windows you can manage your calls from you desktop and
make and receive calls via the office phone system from your computer, even while out of the
office. Using a headset you can even use a 3CX client as a full desk phone replacement.
- Launch calls on your IP Phone from your desktop with CTI mode
- No additional softphone licensing fees
- Easy to use and manage
- Work seamlessly as if you were in the office and save on call costs
Hassle Free Web Conferencing with WebRTC
3CX harnesses Google’s revolutionary WebRTC technology, which enables video and
voice communications to take place through the internet browser, meaning that
participants will be able to seamlessly join meetings without the need to download
any additional software or plug-ins.
- One-Click Conference
- Interoperability with VoIP and video
- Bandwidth Management and Control
Video Conferencing for All
With 3CX, companies of all sizes can now take advantage of video conferencing as an advanced
collaboration and online meeting tool. Avoid paying a monthly subscription fee for each user
and implement open standard peripheral hardware for an inexpensive solution. Unlimited users
means inefficient and unprofessional account sharing is eliminated.
- Pricing based on number of participants, no per user licensing
- Unlimited users no matter which package you choose
- No per month costs, just one low, yearly payment
- Integrated with 3CX – free for up to 10 participants
Never Miss a Call Again – Advanced Contact Center Reporting
Traditional proprietary PBX’s with call center functionality have proven to be either
too expensive or difficult to set up. 3CX improves this with 3CX Pro, providing call
center management with the information required to monitor call queues in
real-time and ensure that not a single call is lost.
- Integrated Wallboard for real-time monitoring
- Detailed reports of longest wait time and abandoned calls
- SLA and Callback Statistics
- Call Back option for customers not willing to wait